I love NARS. Their products are amazing - great pigmentation, nice lasting power, incredible feel, sweet colors. But somehow, their collections always look a bit disjointed to me, though. Is it just me? There are usually some really oddball, off-the-wall colors... and you just wonder... But then, once you see the products in use.. MAGIC! Take a look at the Spring collection...
- CHEEKS - blush | Blush Duo - two shades in one compact to give you highlighting and sculpting at the same time. Shade: Hungry Heart (iridescent gold ivory and pink sand w/ golden sheen).
- FACE - concealer | Duo Concealer is a new product with a logical theory - since your skin isn't one even color, why would you think one concealer would work everywhere? These duos have two complementary shades that you can use straight-away or blend until you're satisfied. Lightweight but still opaque. Shades: Vanilla/Honey (fair skin), Custard/Ginger (light to medium skin), and Praline/Toffee (medium to dark skin).
- EYES - shadow | Duo Eyeshadow in two new sets: Egea (frosted sage and smoky lilac) and Hula Hula (strawberry with gold particles and hazelnut with gold glitter particles).
- EYES - shadow | Single Eyeshadow in three new shades! Baby Girl (cotton candy with golden undertones and gold particles), Grenadines (matte garnet) and Night Sun (bright marigold with gold).
- MULTIPURPOSE | Multiple Duo - Orgasm / South Beach gives you peachy pink one one side, and apricot with shimmer on the other. Lovely!
- MULTIPURPOSE | Multiple Bronzer strengthens and repairs skin with anti-oxidants in a new shade: Cap Vert (for medium to dark complexions with red undertones).
- LIPS - gloss | Lip gloss in a brand new shade: Sweet Revenge (sheer pink grapefruit).
- LIPS - lipstick | Berry lips. Raspberry, to be exact! Shrinagar (metallic raspberry). Yum!
I never knew that François Nars "always considered blush a critical beauty building block". Now that I read that in the press release, I understand why NARS is so famous for their blushes. Clearly, a lot of attention has gone into them, and I see why now. Oh, the press release also says Nars referred to glitter as "jewelry for the face." I like that!
I am all over Shrinagar. "Metallic raspberry"!? Hells yeah.
Egea looks lovely. I wouldn't have put those two colors together in a compact, but now I'm inspired! I don't, however, see myself wearing Grenadines - it loos so pretty, but really: when am I going to wear it?
I also really need to (finally!) try a Multiple, so why not start with a duo? I'm going to give Orgasm/South Beach a try!
I'm not Cap Vert's target audience, but Oprah should jump on it! It would be perfect for her skin tone! Maybe I should give her a call...
To see product images...
Hula Hula swatch, courtesy of Musings of a Muse:
Night Sun swatch, courtesy of Musings of a Muse:
Baby Girl swatch, courtesy of Musings of a Muse:
GET THE LOOK....