I've been trying to keep up with the beauty world while I'm on "maternity leave", and I've found a bunch of stuff I want to try...
Lippstick Queen is lipstick genius Poppy King's new-ish line (her earlier self-developed eponymous line was the famous beauty editor fave "Poppy"). I actually got one of her Matte Glosses to test awhile back, and samples of two shades of Shine - Hard Core Gloss, and was quite pleased (long overdue reviews pending).
Now I see a new must-try product from Lipstick Queen! "BRIGHT COLORS in a SUPER SHEER,
super moisturizing 'draw on' gloss". No, you aren't imagining things! That said "draw-on gloss". A pencil, but it gives you a glossy lip. Seriously?! Yes!
From the company:
Our Lipstick Queen offices in New York are on the border of Chinatown and Tribeca. Everyday I get off at Canal St subway and marvel at the kookiness of the products on offer. And.....one of my favorite movies is Roman Polanski's Chinatown. All of which served as inspiration for my
Chinatown Glossy Pencils!!
Crime - sheer hot pink
Mystery- sheer vibrant purple
Thriller - sheer scarlet red
Genre - sheer bright orange
Chase - sheer lush watermelon
And each one comes with a jumbo sharpener, of course, 'cause Poppy thinks of everything!
You know that purple one has my name written all over it, right? ;)
- I know, I know: I'm always rambling on about nail polish lately. So you'd think when I reference an article at Getcha Nails Did, it would be about nail polish, right? But no! While I love this site for its great nail designs (check this cute pedi out!) and the artistic torture of Dinky (exampe here), this reference isn't nail-centric! A recent post on this great site introduced me to some great -and affordable!- fantasy eye lashes from UrbanVibe . Take a look:
Naturally, I love the peacock-style ones the most, but they're all cute. I may have to pick these up and hold on to them, with the idea of working them into a Halloween costume some day! You can see a couple more styles on the WetSeal site...
- It's true: I adore Armani cosmetics. I really, really, really adore Armani cosmetics. And guess what I found?! A new foundation. YAY!
Spotlight proof, high resistance makeup. Inspired by extreme backstage conditions, this revolutionary new water-based foundation provides 14-hour luminous matte coverage without the coverage feel.
Ah... water-based? Luminous matte? High-resistance? I'm all over it! I can't wait to take this for a test drive as a nice alternative to my other LSF (Luminous Silk Foundation)!
- Dude, check it: CUSTOMIZED PALETTES AT SHU UEMURA. What!?
Above are some I made. Gorgeous, ain't they!? As you see, you get a choice of making a 4-shadow palette, 2 shadows/1 blush, or two blushes. HAWT!
- Frederic Fekkai hair products make my tresses sexy. So know this: I'll be stalking my Sephora waiting for the new Fekkai at-home hair color! $30 gets you professional-style home hair color by one of the leading names in hair, plus a brush and bowl to mix it like you mean it! 20 colors to choose from make it extra easy to be you- but better!
- Pre-color Treatment provides targeted repair, guarding ends and dry sections about oversaturation
- Professional Color delivers a triple-conditioning complex of luxurious butters for moisture and radiance, as well as soothing extracts to help calm the scalp
- Post-color Treatment deeply conditions hair for an extra boost of shine and smoothness
- Brush, bowl, and gloves complete your professional set-up
- It's about damned time, MAC! Now we can pick up our eyeshadow and blush pans at MACcosmetics.com, instead of battling through MACpro.com or going out of our ways to get to a MAC store. Sweet. Now fill-up those palettes, guys and gals!
- Go restock your Clinique supplies to get one of these great gifts-with-purchase at Nordstrom. Trina Turk designed the awesome bag - I have one, and it's awesome!
Fashionably Clinique: Trina Turk designs a one-of-kind cosmetics bag filled with seven of her handpicked favorites for a complete look—and it's only available at Nordstrom. A $65 value—yours with any $25 Clinique purchase.Includes:
- - Take the Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes and Lips (1.7 oz.)
- - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (1 oz.)
- - Blushwear Cream Stick in Rosy
- - Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo in Sun Burst
- - Lash Doubling Mascara in Black (0.14 oz.)
- - Different Lipstick in Tenderheart
- - Superfit Makeup (0.5 oz.)
Online and in store. One per person, while supply lasts. Gift will be added automatically in Checkout and can only be shipped to the same destination as your order.
- I missed it - did you? Korres' new silicone-free primer sold out at a shocking rate, and now we have to sign-up to be notified when it's back in stock. I'm on the list. Are you?
This innovative natural and organic formula [98.93% natural/ 11.19% out of which organic], based on a blend of soothing natural and botanical ingredients, refines skin texture by reducing redness, uneven or dull skin tones and creates a non oily, silky film, acting as a barrier between skin and makeup revealing a long-lasting radiant skin. Packed with antioxidant, nourishing vitamin E, Jojoba and Sunflower oils and Edelweiss extract. This silky, fast-absorbing formulation acts as a layer, keeping skin elastic and comfortable, while ensuring smooth, long-lasting make-up application.