Having had her formative makeup years in the 1980's, The Ninja usually steers clear of brown polishes. Is that tide turning? After embracing the grey trend of the past few years, it was easy to slide into one of The Ninja's favorite shades, taupe (see China Glaze Cords here). But BROWN???
The Ninja is ready to get past her past and move on! A recent trip to Ulta resulted in 3 brown shades going into the shopping bag (THREE!). The others are gorgeous, of course, or The Ninja wouldn't have grabbed them, but the flat-out highlight of the brown polishes from haul is OPI's Shim-Merry's Chic, from their Holiday '09 collection called "Holiday Wishes".
Note: The Ninja also heartily approves of the purple ( from Holiday Wishes.
Pictures coming soon!
Shim-Merry Chic is a gorgeous melange of honeyed brown with an rusty-an-copper-opalescent pearl and glitter flake. It reminds The Ninja of: toffee, mulled cider, molten caramel. Its base is cool enough that The Ninja's cool, fair skin can handle it, and lively enough with those lovely flashes of copper, orange, and a bit of tiny green, blue & silver shimmer that it's never dull!
If this shade were:
- wood used to make a piece of furniture, The Ninja would buy it.
- found in colored contacts, The Ninja would pop 'em right in.
- a gemstone, The Ninja would have a honkin' huge ring, a necklace and earrings.
- a sweater, The Ninja would wear it over her black ninja suit when no one was looking.
- a leather couch, The Ninja would never get off of it!