Best of BSB and The Nail Ninja:
- Why OCC Lip Tars are crucial to my stash!
- Neiman Marcus may not be the greenest company in the world.
- Did you see the new StrangeBeautiful duos? So odd... so pretty!
- You no longer need to hide your makeup in those embarrassing store-bought plastic bags when you travel! Huzzah!
- Aromaleigh, a BSB favorite, has a new collection called Victoria's Revenge.
Best of Beauty:
- Chanel wants my money. Take a look at the lippies coming up for Fall 2010, focusing on shades of pink to red.
- Are you ready to get naked?!
- Yes, yes! Tom Ford lipstick is now available at Saks, Neiman Marcus and other fine establishments. Have you dropped $45 on a tube yet? Judging by the promo ads, you may need a cigarette afterward. Just sayin'...
- So it's not just us, huh? Have you ever avoided the pricier makeup and skincare lines --- just so you don't find something you like? We raise a guilty (but not totally broke) hand to this one.
- I can't explain it, but certain nude palettes hit me in That Spot. You know the one? The spot that makes you want to pull out your wallet! Gaia totally made me drool with her review of this Dior pretty!
- Karen over at MBB snagged the new Smashbox Eye Illusion trio. I've seen the quads before, and love the idea of this product!
- Illamasqua is looking for the new face for their brand. Contest details are here.
- Rolling on the floor is where you would have found me after I learned why The Muse will not be getting her Birthday Cake from Philosophy this year.
- I must have that new lipstick coming soon from Three Custom Color: Santorini. You can see the collection swatched on the famous arm of Karla Sugar.
- Oh my. I peeped the upcoming Lancome Tropiques Minerale Golden Criosette Illuminating Bronzing Palette over yonder at British Beauty Blogger and I likes what I sees. *leers and waggles eyebrows*
- Have you ogled MAC's upcoming In The Groove collection, yet? I admit: I'm eying the purple lipstick (great for putting under red and berry glosses to tweek the shades!) and the beige and silver-grey Creamsheen Glasses (how can you not?!). I'll also consider picking up another By Candlelight MSF (back-up worthy) and since I can't tun down the Mineralize Blushes, I'll take a closer look at those, too.
Best of the rest:
- Swoon, ladies (and gents, if that's Your Thang). Swoon when you read Lady in Red: The History of the Louboutin over at one of my favorite stops, Little Pink Book PR.
- If you love color as much as I do, you're aching to see the Pantone Hotel. I'll meet you in Belgium!
(source for images)
- Speaking of color, if you name a blog How About Orange, I'm going to find it and follow it. Just sayin'. Especially when it offers up posts like this link to a test that tells you what your color preferences mean, points to cute fonts like this (free!) Lobster font, and DIY tutorials for you crafty types (check out these mid-century clock-inspired magnets). I lost hours in the archives when I found this blog!
- Oy vey. Singer Joss Stone was smokin' the good stuff when she created these shoes for Nine West.
- Good news regarding good shoes, though: I have heard good things about Toms Shoes and now they're making kickin' wedge espadrilles- only $69 (more affordable than the quite spendy Louboutins we led with, non?). And since they're Toms, you know each pair you buy results in the company giving a pair to a child in need. How can you resist? via
PS: Dude... the ones below are orange! *covets*
- While I like the green nature of this reclaimed wood table, I skipped the how-to completely to admire the cool swallow on the wall!
- I absolutely love the icon-inspired stationary below from Brigada Creativa! Though I kinda feel like I ought to be writing Wile E Coyote a note on it about the latest Acme bomb. via
- Why not join the Neighborhood Green Swap,
inspired by RISD student Lindsay Kinkade's graduation project. The idea
is to spur-on a sense of community and sharing, while introducing more
nature into neighborhoods that need greening. via (in a roundabout way)
- In case the above suggestion is too ambitious for you, why not engage in some guerrilla gardening? Toss a wildflower granade today! again via
- I'm addicted to Nick Holmes' Tumblr. Here, a few of his recent offerings: