Are you a LUSH Lover? You know I am! Are you a fragrance Lover? Um-- I am! If you are like me, then, the idea of Gorilla Perfumes -an all new line of scents from the makers of LUSH - is super exciting!
We're still waiting to hear about when this is going to hit US shores, but the info is too good not to share. Plus, there may be a few of my readers who are in the UK and who haven't heard about these yet (and can grab some, the lucky ducks), so I wanted to make sure I shared the info. I've already begged asked the PR rep I work with for LUSH to keep me updated, so as soon as I hear more I'll pass it along to you, my favorite ladies and gents!
So lets' get on to the details, shall we?
It seems we can expect high quality perfumes in a simple, unassuming black package. Scents are marked either "vegetarian" or "vegan" on the line's website and it looks to me like every effort has been made to use sustainable sources (not surprising considering the LUSH mentality).
FOURTEEN THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT GORILLA PERFUMES:
- Scentologists Mark (co-founder of LUSH) and Simon (his son) Constatine (who produce some of the yummy smells at LUSH) are the noses behind Gorilla Perfume.
- Gorilla Perfume is meant to be "an antidote to boring mass-market scents and a movement to get people excited about good quality perfume."
- Simon is quite good with a pencil, too! (see right)
- The Smell of Weather Turning is made with ingredients that would have been available to perfumers 5,000 years ago.
- Tuca Tuca is inspired by a song to which LUSH staffers were dancing... and couldn't get away from!
- Simon created Imogen Rose as a tribute to his infant daughter. He aimed to do better than most rose scents, which he says are disappointing and are "too granny-ish or seem so synthetic that I'm sure a rose has never been anywhere near them".
- Apparently Imogen Rose (the scent, not the kid) smells better on the skin than the scent strip, so be sure to give it a real test drive!
- The Smell of Freedom is one of quite a few scents inspired by people the Constantines enounter. In this case, three people Simon met who had survived unnamed hardships.
- Orange Blossom was going to be used as a candle, but OOPS! They liked it so much it became a perfume.
- The promo shot for Lust features Edward Cullen!
- Gorilla Perfumes also makes candles, which are free-standing and coated with black cheese wax.
- If you miss some of your favorite B Never Too Busy to Be Beautiful scents, you may just find them at Gorilla!
- Lush scents Karma and Vanillary are also being marketed though Gorilla Perfumes, too.
- Ooh! They sell samples!
Meanwhile, let me know if you see anything you like. UK readers, have you checked these out yet? Non-UK folk, have you ordered anything and had it shipped? Looking forward to this? Don't think it sounds interesting? How do you feel about the packaging? Anyone else craving a banana?