Love this look! As part of the Five Days, Five Ways for this week, I've done up some gorgeous "Bronzed Melon" eyes. And don't you love that lip? It's all as easy as can be. Details, instructions, and product suggestions are after the jump.
What also made me really happy was the lip look. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to wear with this. I tried a brown. Fail. I tried a peach. Fail. I tried an orange. Major fail! What I came up with was new to me and just what I was looking for.
OK. Enough admiration of the pretty golden peach color. (Did I mention I love it?!)
- Melon Pigment
- A bronze eye liner (I used Urban Decay 24/7 in Bourbon)
- A bronze shadow (I actually mixed two shades so ignore that - a midtone bronze is appropriate)
- Mascara (I used a brown)
- Foundation, etc
- A blush that's a slightly amped-up version of your skin tone (I used MAC's Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul)
- A burnt-coral lip liner (I used MAC Lure)
- A golden-peach lipgloss (I used MAC Nymphette)
Here's how I did what I did...
- Melon Pigment on a dampened flat brush, from lash to above the crease. Pat and press, don't sweep!
- Line the top lashline with the bronze liner. A medium-thick line will do. I left the outside corner wider than the middle.
- With a fluffy eye shadow brush, swirl the bronze shade onto the outer 1/3 of the lid and crease.
- Sweep on that mascara!
- Do yer face.
- Use the blush to slightly contour your cheeks: sweep a small amount on a small blush brush or angled shader just under the cheekbone. Buff it in.
- Fill-in your lips completely with your lip liner.
- Top with your gloss.
- Admire the glow!