Silver may not have been one of the gifts of the Magi, but it's always appropriate at the holidays! Here, I did a quick and easy look and paired it with a berry red lip. This looks great with anything, so if you want to dress it up instead of wearing it with your hubby's flannel shirt, feel free to get fancy! ;)
- Radiant light-coverage foundation keeps this look luminous and light. I used MAC Face & Body. Concealer hides circles and other signs of holiday wear and tear.
- The complexion was warmed up with softly applied matte bronzer (not fake tanning a la Jersey Shore... just a healthy hit of warmth).
- Brows were lightly filled in. Too much would be too much!
- Eyes were prepped with Make Up For Ever's Aquacream in a glowing, gorgeous silver. This doubles as the main shadow color. These are quickly becoming my go-to shadows, thanks to their flexibility (sheer, opaque - whatever!), and crease-proof, budge-proof durability.
- I patted a yellow gold on the center of the lid, then a more rosey shade of gold in the corner, blending up and through the crease.
- A skintone shade with the slightest bit of gentle shimmer was used to highlight the brow.
- Black gel liner was pressed onto the top and bottom waterlines. I feel like these colors needed that kind of definition on me, but feel free to skip that step or just line the top waterline if you like.
- Mascara was then copiously applied.
- Lips are a blend of two of my favorite reds: MAC Cockney and MAC New York Apple. Neither seemed right on their own, but blended together they were perfect.
- My cheeks looked like they needed a little something, but I wasn't sure what. I tapped the lipbrush I had just used onto the apples of my cheeks and blended. Voila! Yummy winter flush and perfectly coordinated with my lips to boot.
Not sure you want to go with so much silver? Reverse the idea and use gold as your base with a touch of silver on the inner 1/3 of the lid! That would look great with more of a plum toned red lip and cheek.