Just because they make skintight neon leggings doesn't mean people should buy or wear them. And just because cosmetic companies make certain products doesn't mean they should take up residence in your makeup bag.
I'm mixing social media metaphors here, but in 140 characters or less (per item) I'll tell you why you should "unfriend" these products:
- Waterproof mascara is drying and can make lashes brittle; try tubular (AKA "thermally activated") mascara instead. #lashbacklash
- Waxy lipbalm seals lips locking OUT moisture. Balms with butters and oils actually nourish and hydrate. #savethelips
- Astringents strip the skin, confusing it and maybe even encouraging more oil production. Use oil-free toners or skip it. #poreawareness
- Pressed powders are old fashioned and so is flat, matte. No need to set makeup, so skip it. Use MAC Blot on oilies instead. #Shineprevention
- Rough scrubs make microtears on the skin. Look for gentle, rounded granules or uses AHAs or glycolic products. #smoothoperator
Do you have any makeup tips to share?