Ellis Faas - the artist
Let's just name drop, shall we? Trained at Christian Chauveau’s Technical School of Artistic Make-up in Paris, Ellis later worked for Clinique, Lancôme, MAC, and L'Oreal (creating the line Biotherm). Movies, magazines, ads... she's touched a ton of famous faces. Those of you my age will recognize these: Phil Collins, Katrina & The Waves, Samantha Fox and Five Star. Fashion beckoned after she starting working with Mario Testino. Eventually Karl Lagerfield pulled her into his orbit and she worked with him on Fendi and Chanel. And now...
It's time to create a makeup line.
Ellis Faas - the makeup
Here are the high notes of this unique line:
- All of the colors are based on the "human palette" and the "universal spectrum"
- Colors can be used to create a very natural or very dramatic look - or anything in between
- Every product is fluid and is house in a bullet-pen hybrid
- Why fluid? Liquids will sink into the skin, rather than sit on top of it, according to Ellis
- The future will bring shimmers and holographics and metal shimmers
- Foundation and concealers
- Powders (in compacts, not pens)
- Eye: Creamy: velvety, and quick-drying for contouring & shaping
- Eye: Milky: vivid shades but more translucent than the Creamy colors
- Lips: 3 formulas: Creamy, Milky & Glaze