Listen, I have something on the horizon and it's not just Lulu's 1st birthday (!) on Saturday. I can't spill yet, but I sure can catch us all up on the recent comings, goings, and amazing happenings in the world. Do me a favor: let me know what I've missed!
Here we go...
- John Frieda is taking his show on the road. You can get personalized attention from a top John Frieda stylist - a 15 minute lesson and consultation will address your specific hair issues and find out what products can help you bring out your best! Oh, did I mention that you'll also have access to a BCBGMAXAZRIA pop-up shop, so you can rock some sweet styles to complement your perfected hair? Find out where and how here.
- by Kilian lovers rejoice! The line has released a limited edition Gold Travel Fragrance Set, exclusive to Bergdorf Goodman. It's an artisanal-style black enamel with a gold finish that really embodies the "L'Oeuvre Noire" collection. The set will include a new scent, Rose Oud (from the Arabian Nights collection), plus the L'Oeuvre Noire yummies Love, Liaisons Dangereuses, Straight to Heaven, and Back to Black. See my review of a few of the scents here.
New York gals: meet the founder himself on May 14th from 2-6 at Bergdorf Goodman (on the beauty level, of course!).
- If you've been hesitating on purchasing the Illamasqua Spring collection, shame on you. But actually, your waiting may have paid off! You can save money by ordering all of the nail lacquers in a new LE set. It includes all three of the Body Electrics shades -JoMina, Prism, and Force- plus a bottle of Nail Base Coat.
I loves me some Clarins skincare, man. I'm hustling over to Gilt Group TODAY to pick up some goodies.
They've got faves like Best of the Sun Ultimate Protection Duo (Original Retail: $65, Gilt: $33), Clear Skin Solutions Kit for Combination/Oily Skin (Original Retail: $52, Gilt: $35), Super Rest Luxury Collection 4 Piece Kit + Gold Case (Original Retail: $196, Gilt: $149), and Multi-Active Day Cream for All Skin Types (Original Retail: $64, Gilt: $32). Clarins is renowned for their sun protection products, and I can personally vouch for the Multi-Active Day Cream: that's good stuff!
Purple Lab has some new products going on sale at HSN! Um, yum: Pearlesque Show Primer for a dewy glow (for only $22.50); Runway in a Box ($59.50); Check and Chic Makeup Duo ($37.50), and Huge Lips, Skinny Hips Lip Plumper in Lychee Martini (barely peach shine), Goji Berry Smoothie (berry rosy sparkle), Love Your Thighs (exotic coral), and Limo to Lobby (pale pink - more pink than Cult Fave Kitty Pole Dancer) for $20 each. Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting my hand on that primer and on Goji Berry Smoothie and Love Your Thighs. How 'bout you? Getcher info here.
Showtimes: April 29th--- 2am-2:30am, 2pm-2:30pm, 8pm-8:30pm; April 30th---10am-10:30am, 3pm-3:30pm
- Really nifty makeup applications tools make my day. Check out the new one from Pür Minerals! You can pick your eye makeup, assign the model your own eye color, and even pick different brushes. It's so much fun, I may have to block the website or I'll never get any work done. No, really: try it!
I'm kinda lemming Philosophy's Field of Flowers set, so if you're getting me a Mother's Day gift, that may be a place to start. :)
The set, which is only $35, includes the body lotion (8oz) and perfume (2 oz), though you can get a few other versions of this lovely peony scent, too.
- Not a huge Laura Mercier person. What I should say, really, is that I haven't tried a lot from her line. However, I do know that her body products are a-maz-ing! We used to run from the MAC counter over to Laura's and dip our hands in the delicious lotions and then sniff ourselves for hours. :) I haven't tried Crème de
Pistache, have you? It's the scent of pistachio nuts plus almond, praline and hazelnut
"nuances" and freshly whipped cream. Um... yeah. Now, what's the most fun? The Honey Bath, the Souffle Body Creme, or the Body Scrub?
- Where are my Bond No. 9 fans? Gimme a "WOOT!" There's a new one coming out and it's another in the Andy Warhol series. I don't have to tell you that I love the Warhol scents soooo much! This one is inspired by Montauk, Long Island. Four of Warhol's iconic Sunset series will dress the trademark star-shaped bottles. Expect this one to be good! Debuts Memorial Day, but I've got a sample coming and a review pending!
- Got sensitive skin? I do, at times. One of the lines that is closest to my heart, Patricia Wexler, MD, has created a line for the sensitive-skinned among us. It's called Anti-Aging for Sensitive Skin. That kind of says it all, doesn't it?
The line includes a Gentle Exfoliating Peel ($34.50); MMPi20 Comforting & Renewing Serum, which will decrease reactivity while diminishing the signs of aging ($55); Calming Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 30 ($39.50); and Soothing & Renewing Night Cream ($39.50). Can't wait to try it, especially the peel - I can get away with a lot of moisturizers and serums, but not exfoliators!
- Check out these sleek Mattene/Slimshine-like lippies! They're new from NARS and are called Pure Sheer SPF Lip Treatment. These shiny, sheer, subtly tinted balms are packed with Wild Mango Butter, Vitamin E, Polar Berries and Açai Oil and come in six shades: Aurore (seashell pink), Greta (mauve), Paloma (cantaloupe), Lara (pastel pink), Angélique (strawberry) and Bianca (pearl). I'd love to test these, but unless some cash falls in my lap I'm not going to be able to. If you try them, let me know how they are, OK?!
- Speaking of lips, another favorite brand is promoting a new SPF-for-lips product. Check out Bobbi Brown's Treatment Lip Shine SPF, which contains natural Cocoa & Shea Butters, and Jojoba, Apricot Kernel & Avocado oils. Oh, don't forget the Peptides, Vitamin C & Paracress, which stimulate collagen production to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. I confess: I could certainly use that around the lips, ya'll. How 'bout you? Did I mention the TWELVE shades?
Whew! That's a lot of "new"! What else ya got? Whatcha looking forward to? See a clear winner or loser?
Have a good day and weekend. Hope it's fab! Have a funny for the road: