Brrrrr! It's a cold one here at the BSB campus! How are things where you are?
I'm bundled up in an oversized chenille sweater, velour sweats, and cozy socks. Please don't misunderstand: there will be no complaints from me. I adore the cold weather. It's the best time of year, and when it's unseasonably warm it just doesn't feel like the holidays, anyway. I just wish I could wrap the kids in wool and send them outside... They're stir-crazy and driving me NUTS! Later in the afternoon, when the sun has had a chance to do its thing for awhile, I'll bundle them up and send 'em out to burn off some energy. Besides, that's a great excuse for some hot chocolate!
The downside to the cozy thing is my pure laziness! I don't have the desire to do much but curl up with my family, a snuggly throw, and a good book.
I did manage to muster up the energy to try two of the new Aromaleigh shadows that showed up in the mail the other day. Amazing. She really has a gift! But just one question... I thought the brand had closed their (virtual) doors...? (swatches and reviews coming soon... for what it's worth)
In search of coziness, even from my lip products, I grabbed an old blast from the past: Algorithm 3D-glass from MAC. Boy, did I love those! They wear so lushly, feel plump and look juicy, and had a semi-sheer wet look that I simply dig. Why on earth did these never become "perm"?
So many questions, so few answers.
Here are some more random thoughts...
- One of my other cold (or rainy) weather habits is to douse myself in a favorite scent. This morning, prior to my shower, I splashed on some Vanilliary (LUSH Gorilla). That wasn't cutting it for post-coffee, clean me, and I couldn't really pick another scent. So, I'm testing a classic: Jicky (Guerlain). Created in 1889, when all fragrances were "unisex", the scent is really working for me! It starts with citrus, has a vetiver + floral heart, and a simply stellar deep and rich base that seems to go on and on...
- The word "unisex" is bizarre.
- I got a press release urging me to share a grey roots touch-up product with you guys as "a stocking stuffer". Um... I have to say that if Santa were to leave that in my stocking, I'd be pissed and demoralized. Not how I prefer to start a holiday! You?
- This is possibly the best gift guide I've seen so far this season. I'm no chic hipster, but I'll still be checking out almost all of these places and products in the next few months, starting with some A Scent of Scandal candles! (PS: I can personally vouch for Man Glaze's polishes and Lipstick Queen's lipsticks.)
- I already put most of these 10 Secrets of the Happiest People in the World tips to use every day. In fact, they are blessedly easy to turn into rewarding habits! You can bet your root touch-up stocking stuffer that I'll be working on adding the rest into my personal philosophy. Do you have hints that weren't on the list?
- I am not at all interested in reading (or writing!) about Spring makeup collections. It's the holidays. I want WINTER and HOLIDAY. This retail push to get info and products out earlier and earlier and earlier is getting ridiculous. How 'bout you? Are you already thinking Spring?
- WWD reported, and MAC PR confirmed, that Lady Gaga was selected to be the next spokesperson for the line's Viva Glam product line. As always, I commend MAC for their initiative (100% of the proceeds for the VG products goes to help people impacted by HIV & AIDS). However, isn't Gaga just too obvious?! Been there, done that, too- she and Cyndi Lauper promoted the line the last go around. Couldn't you get someone less predictable, MAC? Like Adam Lambert or another male rocker?
- I swooned for Glee the other night. You? In case you missed it, below is Kurt singing Baby, It's Cold Outside with Blaine. Is it totally dorky that I want the Glee Xmas album, STAT?!
What's on your mind today? And what are your cozy go-to's? Do you have "comfort makeup"? Favorite cold weather clothes? Hobbies? Customs? Let's chat in the comments!